This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

visa for minor


visa for minor


1) duly completed application form (click here) (E@pplication)

2) valid passport (valid at least 3 months beyond the departure date of your trip and with at least two blank adjacent pages)

3) valid UK Residence Permit

4) 1 x colour, white background, recent passport-size photo (not older than 6 months)

5) full birth certificate. Full birth certificate issued outside the UK must be duly translated into English and certified either by the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in London of the country that issued the certificate or translated into Italian and certified by the Italian Consulate in the country of issue + one copy 

6) Written consent from both parents. If the parents are divorced or one parent lives abroad (and not travelling with the minor) he/she must legalise his/her signature on the letter of consent at the Italian Embassy/Consulate in the place of his/her residence and add a photocopy of his/her passport

7) recent (not older than one month) original attendance letter duly signed by the Headmaster from the School addressed to the Italian Consulate in London

8) travel insurance covering the intended period of stay

9) fully paid return flight tickets;

10) fully booked hotel reservation OR original invitation letter from your host in Italy (for template click here)

The invitation letter must be addressed to the Italian Consulate, dated and duly signed together with a photocopy of the host’s ID/passport. If the host is a NON-EU citizen, a copy of the host’s Residence Permit in Italy is required