This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK




If the applicant holds an ID card issued within 10 years, they can request an extension.

Please not that many difficulties have been encountered by extended ID cards holders at the UK border authorities (UKBA).

We highly recommend that you travel with a valid passport or identity card that is NOT extended, thus preferring to apply for a new ID card.