This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Who should register


Who should register
  • Italian citizens who transfer their residence abroad for periods of over twelve months;
  • Italian citizens born and residing outside of Italy, whose Italian nationality status had been confirmed by the appropriate consular office abroad and whose birth has been registered in Italy at the appropriate Comune (town hall);
  • Children, of Italian citizens,  whose birth has been registered in Italy at the Comune (town hall);
  • Italian citizens for whom their residence abroad has been declared judicially;
  • Italian citizens already registered with AIRE but that have moved from one country to another (i.e. from Edinburgh, Scotland, to London, England). These will still need to register with the new consular office in the new country or catchment area, which will then inform the Town Hall in Italy about the change.