This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

What documents do I need to bring to my appointment?


What documents do I need to bring to my appointment?


1. Apply for an adult passport

1.1. Who can apply? 1.2. Passport processing times and validity
1.3. Fees and how to pay 1.4. Book an appointment
1.5. What documents do I need to bring to my appointment? 1.6. Passport FAQs


1.5 What documents do I need to bring to my appointment?

Please read the checklist carefully before submitting your passport application. You can find the checklist and the passport application form (MOD1) in the “Forms” section of this website.

You should fill in and sign the passport application form before coming to your appointment. Please be advised that if you fail to submit the items listed in the checklist, your passport application will be rejected.

If you are over 18 years of age, you must submit:

  • an adult passport application form MOD1 (pdf / doc)
  • your current expired or damaged passport.

    • If your passport has been lost or stolen, you must also submit a Lost/Stolen Report Form (pdf / doc) and another form of identity. If possible, please provide a photocopy of your lost or stolen passport.
    • If you are applying for your first Italian passport, you must bring your Italian identity card, Italian driver’s licence or another passport issued by a foreign government.

  • 2 recent and identical passport photographs, which must meet ICAO rules. Please see photograph guidelines.

For afternoon appointments, you will also need to submit:

- a postal order made payable to the “Italian Consulate General” for the amount of click here

- a pre-paid special delivery envelope paid up to 500g. We will use this envelope to post the new passport back to you. Click here


• If you have children under the age of 18, you must ask the other parent to complete and sign SECTION B of your passport application form (MOD1). Parental consent is mandatory whether you are single, married, separated or divorced and even if your children have their own passports.

• If the other parent is an EU citizen, he or she can complete and sign Section B of your passport application form in person or at home. Don’t forget to provide a photocopy of their passport or Identity card (clearly showing their photograph and signature) so that we can verify that the signatures match.

• If the other parent is not an EU citizen, he or she must complete and sign Section B of your passport application form in person. If he or she lives near Bedford, Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool or Manchester, their signature can be witnessed by one of our Honorary Consuls instead.

• If the other parent is not an EU citizen and doesn’t live in England or Wales, you must ask them to sign a Parental Consent form, in person, at their nearest Italian Consulate/Embassy or Questura (police station) in Italy.

• If the other parent refuses to give you Parental consent, you can apply for a Consular Decree which will allow the Consul General to authorise the issue of your passport. The Consul General in London can only serve as Guardianship Judge for children that live in England and Wales. If your children live in Italy, you should get in touch with the Tribunale dei Minori.

• If the other parent is deceased, you must provide a death certificate with your passport application form (MOD1). If the death certificate is not written in Italian or English, you must provide a multilingual certificate or a legalised Italian translation.

 To download the passport application form, please click here