This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK




It depends on the place of residence of the interested party and the office requesting it. More specifically you need to contact:

1. the Metropolitan Police, only if you live or have lived in the London Metropolitan area.
For information on how to request a Suject Access, please visit the website of the Metropolitan Police at:;

2. your nearest police station, if you live or have lived outside the London Metropolitan area (for a list of  links to other police websites please visit;

3. the Criminal Records Bureau (, if the certificate has been requested for jobs with institutions or associations who deal with children or vulnerable persons;

4. the Association of Chief Police Officers (, if you need to submit the certificate to apply for a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America.

For the legalisation of the above certificates you need to contact the “Legalisation Office of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office" at the following address:
The Legalisation Office - Foreign and Commonwealth Office. You will be provided with the relevant address details to submit your documents to upon completing your application online at the following link:; email:; tel. 03700 00 22 44 – 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday

Only for a translation of the Subject Access (point 1 above) into Italian, you can go to the Notary Office of the Consulate which is located at 136 Buckingham Palace Road, between 9am and 12 noon Mondays to Fridays.

For a translation of the other types of certificates (points 2, 3 and 4 above) into Italian, please refer to the list of translators available on the Consulate website (click here).