This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

1st Cycle and Short Cycle (FHEQ)

1st Cycle and Short Cycle (FHEQ): Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours / Bachelor’s Degrees / Professional Graduate Certificate in Education/Graduate Diplomas / Graduate Certificates / Foundation Degrees / Diplomas of Higher Education / Higher National Diplomas

Check if your university or college can award a degree on this link:

All applicants must include the application form duly completed and signed together with a copy of a valid identity document (passport or national identity card) and the following:

  • Verified and certified copy of the original Degree Certificate legalised by means of an Apostille through the Foreign, Development and Commonwealth Office. The verification and certification must be carried out only by a “Notary Public”(see note below);
  • Translation of the “degree certificate” carried out by the applicant or by a third party.
    In the email that this office will send from with the bank transfer instructions and the exact fees to pay we may request the translation of the “degree certificate” in Word format should corrections need to be made.
  • Original Diploma Supplement (DS) or Original Transcript or a verified and certified copy legalised by means of the Foreign, Development and Commonwealth Office apostille.
    The above documents must include: name, surname, date of birth, course duration, mode of attendance (full or part time), number of Academic Credits awarded and if the course of study included a year abroad or an internship (please specify which university or company).
    If the DS or Transcript does not contain all the required information, please request an additional official letter from the University to be presented in original together with the above documentation.
  • A plain A4 self-addressed envelope (unpadded) for the return of the DV.

We confirm that we will return any original documents (letters or any other original document) and attach the DV is the verified and certified copy legalised by means of the FCDO apostille of your degree and the certified translation of the degree “as a bound set”.


1st step

A certified and verified copy of the original document (Degree, A-level Certificates, Diploma Supplement, Letter from the University etc.) can only be obtained exclusively through a UK-based “Notary Public”. The “Notary Public” can act as a verifying authority and confirm the validity of UK educational or professional documents. Verification is the process of ensuring the original documents are genuine by checking with the awarding institutions (universities, colleges, schools, exam boards). An example of a notary statement is: “I certify that the qualification is genuine and authentic and I have carried out the verification with the awarding body/Institution/University”. The above notary statement can be in English or in Italian.

2nd step

Once the verified and certified copy of the original document has been obtained, it must be sent to the Legalisation Office of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) to be legalised by means of an apostille,

Legalisation is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a public document is genuine. The “Legalisation Office” of the FCDO is the only authority that issues apostille stamps for holders of UK degrees/certificates. However, the Notary can assist the interested party in obtaining the apostille and can also send the documents to be legalised to the FCDO Legalisation Office on your behalf.

Please note that the above services (verified and certified copy of the original degree/qualification/letter and the legalisation) are offered by third parties that operate independently of this Consulate General. Any query related to the procedures or fees for the above services must be addressed to the professionals/offices in question.

Here is a list of “Notary Public”.