Dear fellow Italians
within the framework of the actions taken to facilitate access to the passport service, I am pleased to inform you that a new initiative for minors aged 12 to 17 has been launched.
Italian nationals aged 12 to 17 may come to the London Consulate General without an appointment to apply for a new passport.
This facility is available every Wednesday and Friday from 3 to 4 p.m.
To take advantage of this service the following conditions must be met:
– The minor needs to be registered in the AIRE and accompanied by at least one parent or a person holding parental responsibility;
– The passport will not be issued on the spot, but will be printed and sent to the residence address specified within 3 working days from the appointment date.
To be able to be processed, the application must be accompanied by:
1) application form signed by both parents o by a person holding parental responsibility;
2) Postal Order made payable to “Italian Consulate General”. To check the correct amount, please see Consular fees;
3) Prepaid Special Delivery envelope (up to 500g) (with a regular stamp, not a printed date stamp) for the return of both the new and the old passports.
4) Two recent identical passport-size photos (taken within 6 months), compliant with international ICAO standards;
5) previous Italian passport or other Italian ID document;
6) consent signed by both parents (please see the relevant page to check how the consent should be submitted, in particular if one of the parents is a non-EU national)
Should any of the above documents be missing, the request will be rejected.
Anyhow, please note that minors aged 12 to 17 can always make an appointment via the Prenot@mi platform or the Call Centre.
The use of this new facility is encouraged so as to leave available slots to those Italian nationals who do not fall under the following categories of persons: Italians over 70, pregnant women, disabled persons and minors aged 12 to 17.
With best wishes.
Consul General of Italy in London