I am moving to England/Wales/Gibraltar/Channel Islands/South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, what should I do?
Italian nationals who move permanently to England/Wales/Gibraltar/Channel Islands/South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands from Italy will have to submit the AIRE registration form to this Office. The AIRE registration is FREE. Applicants do not need to come in person.
Please read through the following guidelines before you start the online procedure:
- First step: Account Registration (REGISTRATI). You have to confirm your Italian citizenship by ticking the appropriate box at the beginning of the procedure. You will need an email account and a password (minimum length 8 characters, maximum length 16 characters, at least one capital letter, one number, one special character). Then you will be allowed to enter your details.
- Second step: you will receive an email asking to activate your account (LINK ATTIVAZIONE UTENZA). Be aware you have 72 hours to activate it, if you do not manage to do it within that time frame you can ask for another activation code (INVIO NUOVO CODICE DI ATTIVAZIONE) as indicated in the email.
- Third step: After you have activated your account, you have to access (ACCEDI) the system and submit the application for the Aire registration on line (ANAGRAFE CONSOLARE E AIRE). A copy of an ID and proof of address need to be uploaded.
To submit the application click on the following link: https://serviziconsolarionline.esteri.it
PLEASE ALSO BE ADVISED YOU WILL NEED A SCANNER AND PRINTER TO PROCEED WITH THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
Accepted proof of address:
- Utility bill (electric, gas, etc) (received in the last 3 months)
- Council tax (received in the last year)
- Bank statement (received in the last 3 months)
- NHS registration card (received in the last 3 months)
- NIN confirmation letter (received in the last 3 months)
- Official letter from a British government office (Job Centre, HMRC ..) (received in the last 3 months)
- University attendance confirmation letter (received in the last 3 months)
Please Note: your name and surname and current address in UK must appear in the letter heading.
If you cannot provide any one of the above listed proofs of address it will not be possible to process the AIRE registration request. Settled and presettled status are not valid because there is no proof of address.
All the application received via email or regular post after the above mentioned date will not be processed.
The applications received before this date will be processed as per usual.
We gently remind that as per decree law n. 22 from 25th March 2019 (c.d. “Decreto Brexit”), converted into law n. 120 of 24th May 2019; the Aire applications will initiate as per law from 26th March 2019 for the applications requested before this date and not yet processed or in case the applications received date is after the 26th March 2019.
The estimated processing time for a residence application, if complete, is of approximately 2-3 working days from receipt. You will receive an email asking your Comune AIRE in Italy to complete the registration. If the application is incomplete we will send you an email informing you about what is missing in due course. It is therefore essential that you provide a valid email address in your application.