Applicants should always appear in person. All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants must provide:
- Duly completed application form [click here];
- Valid passport or travel document with at least two blank pages, valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip in Italy (original plus one photocopy). The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
- Valid UK Residence Permit valid at least three 3 beyond the return date of your trip in Italy (original plus one photocopy);
- Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
- Cover letter;
- Local letter demonstrating status as financial-commercial operators:
- original recent letter (not older than 1 month) from the applicant’s company in UK specifying: company registration number, the reasons the applicant is expected in Italy, position held by the applicant, dates of trip and duration of stay as well as declaration of financial responsibility. You must include your last three payslips (original plus photocopy);
- for self-employed applicants: copy of certificate of incorporation and business income taxes return or accountant letter, last 3 months’ business bank statements;
- Original letter of invitation from Italian company (not older than 1 month) [for a template click here]. The person signing the letter should also include a copy of ID Card/passport with visible signature;
- Business license of Italian company (Visura Camerale);
- Proof of reserved return ticket to the United Kingdom (unless indicated on the company letter/invitation letter). Please note:
- if travelling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/train line/bus operator, showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to, price;
- if travelling by car, ferry tickets or Eurotunnel tickets are required, alongside with car registration (original plus photocopy) car insurance (original plus photocopy) and driving licence If renting a car, the same documentation is required plus the car rental documents;
- if travelling to multiple Schengen countries, travel tickets between each country is mandatory;
- if using third parties services, such as travel agencies, note that they will be accepted only if based in the UK or in one of the Schengen countries. Travel tickets must always be issued from the airline/trainline/bus operator themselves and any other paper will not be taken into account. This applies to letter a), b), c);
- Fully booked hotel reservation (unless indicated in the invitation letter);
- Proof of sponsorship and/or accommodation for Companies or Organizations (unless indicated in the invitation letter) [for a template click here] along with the host’s ID (valid permit of stay for non-European Union citizens) where signature of the holder appears;
- Travel insurance, which must be issued in UK or in one of the Schengen countries, covering the intended period of stay: insurances are accepted only with letter from the insurance provider confirming overseas coverage, of which every Schengen country must be included. The letter from your insurance company must state that you will be covered for any medical expenses, hospitalisation and repatriation for at least 30,000 euros during your entire stay in the Schengen area. If your current insurance company does not provide such a coverage, you must find an international insurance;
- Proof of economic means of support, as per Ministry of Interior Directive 1.3.2000: last three months PERSONAL UK bank statements showing bearer’s name, address and financial history. At least one of the bank accounts provided must show the salary (or pension, universal credit) coming in. Any other UK bank account (including savings) showing enough funds can be submitted.
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT, AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS PRESENTED WITH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. IF ALL THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT PRESENTED, THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE A NEW APPOINTMENT.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.