All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants should always appear in person. Applicants must provide:
- Application form duly filled up and signed [click here];
- Valid passport or travel document (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip from Italy and at least with two blank pages. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
- Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip in Italy;
- Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
- Documentation proving the status of public officials: staff ID card (original plus one photocopy);
- Verbal Note from the corresponding Diplomatic Mission in UK, specifying:
- purpose of the trip
- dates of intended stay
- address while in Italy
- Round-trip travel ticket reservation. Please note:
- if travelling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/train line/bus operator, showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to;
- if travelling by car, ferry tickets or Eurotunnel tickets are required, alongside with car registration (original plus photocopy) car insurance (original plus photocopy) and driving licence If renting a car, the same documentation is required plus the car rental documents;
- if travelling to multiple Schengen countries, travel tickets between each country is mandatory;
- if using third parties services, such as travel agencies, note that they will be accepted only if based in the UK or in one of the Schengen countries. Travel tickets must always be issued from the airline/trainline/bus operator themselves and any other paper will not be taken into account. This applies to letter a), b), c).
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
List of Diplomatic passports that DO NOT require a visa for Italy.
List of Service/Official passports that DO NOT require a visa for Italy.
List of Special passports that DO NOT require a visa for Italy.
The visa is free of charge only if the applicant complies with all the above requirements.
Please be aware that, at the time of your appointment, your application will not be accepted unless presented with all required documents. if all the items listed above are not presented, the applicant will have to reschedule a new appointment.
The information outlined above may be subject to change without prior notice. no liability can be accepted for the consequences of such changes.
This consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request additional documentation, if deemed necessary, in addition to what has been submitted. Furthermore, the applicant, is hereby informed that submitting all the required documentation, does not guarantee the issuance of any particular visa.