Pursuant to EU Directive 2001/539/CE:
A school pupil traveling as a member of a group of school pupils from a general education school who is not a national of a Member State but who is legally resident in another Member State and seek to enter in the Italian territory shall not require a visa if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- the group is accompanied by a teacher from the same school;
- the accompanying teacher must be able to present a list (on the accepted form) of the schoolchildren he/she is accompanying, issued by the same school; visit the following link:
- the list must contain the names of the traveling pupils;
- the list must describe the purpose and the circumstances of the intended stay;
- the pupils from third countries must be in possession of a travel document for crossing the border in question.