All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants should always appear in person. Applicants must provide:
- Application form duly filled up and signed. For short stay visas up to 90 days please download and fill up Schengen Visa application form [click here]. For long stay visas beyond 90 days please download and fill up Long term application form [click here];
- Valid passport or travel document (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip from Italy and at least with two blank pages for Schengen/Short term visa. Valid passport or travel document (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the duration of the visa and with at least with two blank pages for National/Long term visa. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
- Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip in Italy for Schengen/Short term visa. Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus photocopy) for National/Long term visa;
- Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
- Healthcare documentation including:
- Medical records issued in the country of residence certifying the actual illness;
- Declaration of the Italian private or public health facility (the latter must be accredited with the National Health Service) specifying type of treatment, start date, duration and estimated cost;
- Certificate issued by the Italian health facility confirming the patient has provided a 30% deposit of the estimated cost for the healthcare requested or, alternatively, specific regional resolution or authorisation issued by the Ministry of Health within the framework of humanitarian programmes.
- Supporting documentation proving the applicant has sufficient resources in Italy to cover the outstanding amounts for healthcare, food and lodging outside the health facility, and repatriation of the patient and his/her accompanying person. Furthermore, for any person accompanying the patient, health insurance covering a minimum of €30,000 for emergency hospitalisation and repatriation expenses is required.
- Round-trip travel ticket reservation or evidence that the applicant has his/her own means of transport This also applies to the accompanying person. Please note:
- if traveling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/trainline/bus operator showing passenger name, dates, from/to;
- if traveling by car, ferry tickets or euro tunnel tickets are required alongside with car registration (original and photocopy), car insurance (original and photocopy), driving licence (original plus photocopy); if you are renting a car the same documentation is required plus the car rentals documents;
- if traveling among multiple Schengen countries, travel tickets are mandatory between every border;
- if using the services of third parties, such as travel agencies, note that they will be accepted only if they are based in the U.K. or in one of the Schengen countries. Travel tickets must always be issued from the airline/trainline/bus operator themselves and any other paper will not be considered. This applies to letter a), b), c).
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Travel Documents Holders (with the three letters code XXA or XXB appearing in the ICAO) need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT, AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS PRESENTED WITH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. IF ALL THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT PRESENTED, THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE A NEW APPOINTMENT.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.