Who is eligible to apply as a EU family member:
- Spouse, if not legally separated and not under 18 years of age;
- Civil partners;
- Children under 21 years of age (on application submission), including children of the spouse and children born out of wedlock, provided that, for children under 18 years of age, the other parent (if there is another parent), has given his/her consent;
- Children older than 21 years old if they are unable to support their indispensable necessities of life because of their health conditions entailing total disability (this must be proven);
- Dependent parents if they are unable to support their indispensable necessities of life because of their health conditions entailing total disability (this must be proven).
All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants should always appear in person. Applicants must provide:
- Duly completed application form [click here];
- Passport-style photo full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
- Passport or travel document (original plus one photocopy). The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
- Cover letter;
- Proof of relationship:
- marriage/birth certificate (original plus one photocopy). Please, note:marriage/civil partnership certificates older than 6 months will NOT be accepted;
- certificates issued by a foreign authority other than the UK, MUST be translated in English or Italian and legalised by the Italian Consular Office of the issuing Country OR by the Consular Authority in the UK of the issuing Country;
- certificates issued by one of the Schengen countries will be accepted only if multilingual, otherwise please refer to second note;
- Italian nationals registered at the AIRE whose marriage certificate has been registered at the Consulate General of Italy are exempt from providing an updated version of the above mentioned certificate. They will be required to provide a self-declaration confirming to be married to the extra-UE citizen.
- EU relative’s passport (original plus one photocopy);
- Declaration from the EU relative’s stating the applicant is travelling – or joining – the EU family member.(for a template click here>>)
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
THE VISA IS FREE OF CHARGE ONLY IF THE APPLICANT COMPLIES WITH ALL THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT, AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS PRESENTED WITH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. IF ALL THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT PRESENTED, THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE A NEW APPOINTMENT.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.