The residency visa allows entrance into Italy to individuals with high self-sustaining incomes and financial assets who have a real necessity to stably residing in Italy and who can demonstrate a steady and adequate income (not from subordinate work) and other financial resources. This visa is issued solely to those applicants who are planning to move permanently to Italy and it does not allow the recipient to work.
Applicants should always appear in person. All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants must provide:
1) Duly completed application form [click here];
2) Valid passport or travel document with at least two blank pages, valid at least three months (original plus one photocopy). The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
3) Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus one photocopy);
4) Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
5) Documented and detailed guarantee of substantial and stable private income originating from pensions, annuities, income from properties or investments funds and income from stable economic and commercial activities. Income deriving from subordinate work will not be taken into consideration. Please provide official letters from banks, financial consultants, financial institutions, UK Social Security institutes, etc. and last 2 years of your Income Tax Return;
6) A registered lease or deed for property in Italy;
7) A letter explaining the reasons of your intention to move to Italy;
8) One way travel ticket reservation. Please note:
- if travelling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/train line/bus operator, showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to;
- if traveling by car, ferry tickets or euro tunnel ticket reservations are required showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to;
- if traveling among multiple Schengen countries, travel ticket reservations showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to between each country is mandatory.
- Residency visa can be also issued to dependent spouse and minor children and dependent children over 18 living with their parents, assuming that the applicant can demonstrate adequate financial assets to support them. A birth/marriage certificate will be required (original plus one photocopy). Please, note:
- marriage certificates older than 6 months will NOT be accepted;
- certificates issued by a foreign authority other than the UK, MUST be translated in English or Italian and legalised by the Italian Consular Office of the issuing Country OR by the Consular Authority in the UK of the issuing Country;
- certificates issued by one of the Schengen countries will be accepted only if multilingual, otherwise please refer to second note.
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Travel Documents holders (with the three letters code XXA or XXB appearing in the ICAO) need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.