VISA FOR MINORS
All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants should always appear in person. Applicants must provide:
1) Duly completed application form [click here];
2) Valid passport or travel document (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip from Italy and at least with two blank pages. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
3) Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus photocopy), valid at least 1 month beyond the return date of your trip in Italy;
4) Passport-style photo full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
5) Original of full birth certificate (plus one photocopy). Please, note:
- certificates issued by a foreign authority other than the U.K., MUST be translated in English or Italian and legalised by the Italian Consular Office of the issuing Country OR by the Consular Authority in the U.K. of the issuing Country;
- certificates issued by one of the Schengen country will be accepted only if multilingual (otherwise, please refer to the second note);
6) Written consent from both parents granting permission to travel and assuming financial responsibility for the entire trip. Please, note:
- if one or both parents do not appear in person on the application day, a parental consent notarised by a UK notary is mandatory;
- if the parents live abroad, the consent must be notarised by the Italian Consulate of their country of residence (for more information, please visit the following website https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/servizi/stranieri/traduzionelegalizzazione-dei-documenti.html). This also applies when parents living abroad nominate a guardian.
- a photocopy of both parents passports must be provided;
7) Recent (not older than 1 month) original school attendance letter duly signed by the Headmaster from the School addressed to the Italian Consulate in London;
8) Proof of reserved return ticket to the United Kingdom, or proof of onward travel (if not returning to the United Kingdom), such as authorization of entry into the country of destination, confirmed overseas ticket, proof of sufficient means to cover such costs, please note:
- if traveling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/trainline/bus operator showing passenger name, dates, from/to and price;
- if traveling by car, ferry tickets or euro tunnel tickets reservations are required showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to;
- if traveling among multiple Schengen countries, travel tickets reservations showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to between each country is mandatory.
9) Fully booked hotel reservation OR original invitation letter from your host in Italy [for a template click here]. The invitation letter must be addressed to the Italian Consulate, dated and duly signed together with a photocopy of the host ID/passport (in the photocopy must appear also the signature of the holder). If the host in Italy is a non-EU citizen, the host’s Residence Permit in Italy is required (signature of the holder must appear);
10) Travel insurance, which must be issued in UK or in one of the Schengen countries, covering the intended period of stay: insurances are accepted only with a letter from the insurance provider confirming overseas coverage, of which every Schengen country must be included. The letter from your insurance company must state that you will be covered for any medical expenses, hospitalisation and repatriation for at least 30,000 euros during your entire stay in the Schengen area. If your current insurance company does not provide such a coverage, you must find an international insurance.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.