All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants should always appear in person. Applicants must provide:
1) Application form duly filled up and signed. For short stay visas up to 90 days please download and fill up Schengen Visa application form [click here]. For long stay visas beyond 90 days please download and fill up Long term application form [click here];
2) Valid passport or travel document (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip from Italy and at least with two blank pages for Schengen/Short term visa. Valid passport or travel document (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months and with at least with two blank pages for National/Long term visa. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
3) Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus photocopy), valid at least 1 (one) month beyond the return date of your trip in Italy for Schengen/Short term visa. Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus photocopy) for National/Long term visa;
4) Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
5) For stays longer than three months “Nulla osta” (authorisation) for research from the Immigration Desk (SUI) of the relevant Questura (Police Station);
6) For short stays documentation certifying that the applicant is a researcher employed by a foreign university or research institution;
7) For short stays hosting agreement (Convenzione di accoglienza) concluded with the applicant by the Italian accredited University or Research Institute specifying the research program activity, salary and insurance;
8) Round-trip travel ticket reservation for short-term Schengen Visa shorter than 90 days. One way travel tickets reservation for long-term National visa longer than 90 days. Please note:
- if traveling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/trainline/bus operator showing passenger name, dates, from/to;
- if traveling by car, ferry tickets or euro tunnel ticket reservations are required, showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to;
- if traveling among multiple Schengen countries, travel ticket reservations showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to between each country is mandatory.
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Travel Documents holders (with the three letters code XXA or XXB appearing in the ICAO) need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.