All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants should always appear in person. Applicants must provide:
1) Application form duly filled up and signed. For short stay visas up to 90 days please download and fill up Schengen Visa application form [click here]. For long stay visas beyond 90 days please download and fill up Long term application form [click here];
2) Valid passport or travel document (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip from Italy and at least with two blank pages for Schengen/Short term visa. Valid passport or travel document (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months and with at least with two blank pages for National/Long term visa. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
3) Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip in Italy for Schengen/Short term visa. Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus photocopy) for National/Long term visa;
4) Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
5) Round-trip travel ticket reservation for short-term Schengen Visa shorter than 90 days. One way travel tickets reservation for long-term National visa longer than 90 days. Please note:
a. if traveling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/trainline/bus operator showing passenger name, dates, from/to;
b. if traveling by car, ferry tickets or euro tunnel tickets are required alongside with car registration (original and photocopy), car insurance (original and photocopy), driving licence (original plus photocopy); if you are renting a car the same documentation is required plus the car rentals documents;
c. if traveling among multiple Schengen countries, travel tickets are mandatory between every border;
d. if using the services of third parties, such as travel agencies, note that they will be accepted only if they are based in the U.K. or in one of the Schengen countries. Travel tickets must always be issued from the airline/trainline/bus operator themselves and any other paper will not be considered. This applies to letter a), b), c);
6) Adequate documentation regarding the applicant’s effective religious qualification:
- original letter from your Congregation/Parish in the UK stating your position within the parish and your assignment in Italy;
7) Adequate and documented assurances regarding the religious nature of the event in which the applicant intends to take part or regarding the activity to be carried out in Italy. The letter from Congregation in Italy should specify the purpose of the trip, the name and address of the organisation where the applicant intends to stay and the length of stay. Such letter should also mention the coverage of all living expenses, including medical assistance (only for long term visas). Specific mention should be made to the fact that, while in Italy, the applicant’s personal needs will be met in full by the Congregation; the letter must bear an official seal from the Holy See’s competent authorities (SEGRETERIA DI STATO VATICANO) or Nunziatura Apostolica in U.K.;
8) Travel insurance, which must be issued in UK or in one of the Schengen countries, covering the intended period of stay: insurances are accepted only with a letter from the insurance provider confirming overseas coverage, of which every Schengen country must be included. The letter from your insurance company must state that you will be covered for any medical expenses, hospitalisation and repatriation for at least 30,000 euros during your entire stay in the Schengen area. If your current insurance company does not provide such a coverage, you must find an international insurance;
9) Proof economic means of support as per Ministry of Interior Directive 1.3.2000 or declaration of assumption of responsibility by the religious organization (if all living expenses are not covered by the Italian Congregation).
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Travel Documents holders (with the three letters code XXA or XXB appearing in the ICAO) need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT, AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS PRESENTED WITH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. IF ALL THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT PRESENTED, THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE A NEW APPOINTMENT.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.