The Investor Visa is an entry visa for non-EU nationals who intend to make an investment or donation in Italy. It allows the investors/donors to acquire residency in Italy by opting into one of the following categories:
A. A minimum of EUR 2 million in Italian government bonds;
B. A minimum of EUR 500.000 in Italian corporate bonds or shares (reduced to EUR 250.000 if investing in innovative start-ups);
C. A minimum of EUR 1 million in projects of public interest in Italy, such as culture, education, ecology, immigration management, research and development, arts, and heritage.
Applicants should always appear in person. All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants must provide:
1) Duly completed application form [click here];
2) Valid passport or travel document with at least two blank pages, valid at least three months (original plus one photocopy). The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
3) Valid UK Residence Permit (original plus one photocopy);
4) Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
5) Nulla Osta (authorisation) to be issued by the Investor Visa for Italy Committee (the Nulla Osta is issued after submitting the application, alongside with the required documentation, through the following IT platform: investorvisa.mise.gov.it)
8) One way travel ticket reservation. Please note:
- if travelling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/train line/bus operator, showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to;
- if travelling by car, ferry tickets or Eurotunnel ticket reservations are required, showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to;
- if travelling to multiple Schengen countries, travel ticket reservations , showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to each country is mandatory.
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Travel Documents holders (with the three letters code XXA or XXB appearing in the ICAO) need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.