Applicants should always appear in person. All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants must provide:
1) Duly completed application form D for long stay visa (National visa) [click here];
2) Valid passport or travel document with at least two blank pages, valid at least three months (original plus one photocopy). The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
3) Permesso di soggiorno (Italian residence permit). Please note:
- in the case of a lost or stolen permesso di soggiorno, a copy of the report made to the police authorities is required;
- in the case of an expired permesso di soggiorno, original or copy of the expired document required.
4) Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months.
A. After the application has been submitted, the visa office needs to be authorised from the Questura (Police station) which originally issued the permesso di soggiorno. The visa is issued only after the relevant Questura releases the necessary authorisation. The visa processing time starts when the authorisation is received and all documents are provided (please see letter B). Therefore, it is not possible to rush the processing time.
B. Once the authorisation has been received, the applicant must provide one way travel ticket reservation. Please note:
- if travelling by plane, train or bus the ticket must be printed directly from the airline/train line/bus operator, showing passenger’s name, dates, from/to;
- if travelling by car, ferry tickets or Eurotunnel tickets are required, alongside with car registration (original plus photocopy) car insurance (original plus photocopy) and driving licence If renting a car, the same documentation is required plus the car rental documents;
- if travelling to multiple Schengen countries, travel tickets between each country is mandatory;
- if using third parties services, such as travel agencies, note that they will be accepted only if based in the UK or in one of the Schengen countries. Travel tickets must always be issued from the airline/trainline/bus operator themselves and any other paper will not be taken into account. This applies to letter a), b), c).
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Travel Documents holders (with the three letters code XXA or XXB appearing in the ICAO) need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT, AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS PRESENTED WITH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. IF ALL THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT PRESENTED, THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE A NEW APPOINTMENT.
THE INFORMATION OUTLINED ABOVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES.
THIS CONSULAR ADMINISTRATION HAS FULL AUTHORITY TO EVALUATE AND REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, IF DEEMED NECESSARY, IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. FURTHERMORE, THE APPLICANT, IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT SUBMITTING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ISSUANCE OF ANY PARTICULAR VISA.