The Welfare Section is dedicated to the support of Italian nationals in a state of distress, financial or otherwise.
Phone in the morning only for serious and/or urgent matters.
Mon- Fri 10 am – 4 pm: +44 (0) 20 7936 5928 e +44 (0) 20 7936 5930 nella fascia oraria 10:00 – 16:00.
The Welfare Section does not deal with consular emergencies (e.g. expired passports or ID). For those questions please refer to the competent offices.
The following services are available to Italian nationals resident in this Consulate General catchment area:
– family support directed mainly to the protection of minors;
– health information;
– limited financial support;
– shipment of human remains/ashes to Italy;
– issue of fiscal codes and pincodes
– support to Italian prisoners and their families; repatriation according to the Strasbourg Convention (1989).
Specific information may be obtained by consulting dedicated websites:
– for British tax information http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk;
– travelling with pets http://www.dogsaway.co.uk;
– Italian Council housing: the website of your Council of origin in Italy at www.comuni.it.